If you want junk mails shipped to you and help the environment, here are some pointers on how to go about it.
Stop Junk Mail
- If you are tired of getting junk mail week-in and week-out and want to put an end to it you have a choice now – Catalog Choice – Sign up at https://www.catalogchoice.org/
- Direct Marketing Association has a site for you to stop junk mailed to you if you sign up on their site at http://www.dmaichoice.org
Stop it at the source
- To opt out for five years: Call toll-free 1-888-5-OPT-OUT (1-888-567-8688) or visit www.optoutprescreen.com. The phone number and website are operated by the major consumer reporting companies.
- To opt out permanently: You may begin the permanent Opt-Out process online at www.optoutprescreen.com. To complete your request, you must return the signed Permanent Opt-Out Election form, which will be provided after you initiate your online request.
If you don’t access to internet (surprised if you didn’t) then you can directly contact the credit rating agencies with a written request to permanently opt out. Make sure your request includes your home telephone number, name, Social Security number, and date of birth.
- Experian, Opt Out, P.O. Box 919 Allen, TX 75013
- TransUnion, Name Removal Option, P.O. Box 505, Woodlyn, PA 19094
- Equifax, Inc., Options, P.O. Box 740123, Atlanta, GA 30374
- Innovis Consumer Assistance, P.O. Box 495, Pittsburgh, PA 15230
- You can also sign up to stop telemarketers from bothering you during your dinner time (after a tiring day) by registering at a site run by FTC – Do Not Call
Opt-out of Online Ads
If you want to opt-out of ad targeting by Google, Yahoo and Microsoft here is how you do it